Doosan HF Controls Corporation
Open Position: Hardware Engineer
Doosan HF Controls Corporation, a global leader in providing complete process control and automation solutions through innovative technology. We specialize in the design and construction of digital control systems for a variety of power and industrial applications. Based on sound technological advancements, we supply our customers with an array of advanced control hardware, software applications, and support services that offer distributed intelligence and information management for the most reliable process control solutions. With over five decades of innovation and manufacturing of control systems in hundreds of installations around the world, our coverage is strengthened by our experienced field service faculty, robust technical support, and extensive training capabilities.
We are currently seeking an individual who can take on the role of Hardware Engineer to join our team. This individual will work in a Development Engineering team as well as System Engineering team, so a positive attitude and teamwork spirit is an essential.
- Develops, simulates, and tests Verilog FPGA code for next generation controller card using Modelsim DE and HDL Designer tools.
- Develops requirement specifications, prototype test procedures, design specifications, production test procedures, and production test equipment per HF Controls project or development requirements.
- Design and test components and systems within federal, state and local codes and regulations, contract specifications, good engineering practices, and HF Controls standards.
- Develops schematics, bills of materials and documentation to include dimensions, part numbers, wiring and assembly diagrams, standard products, logic drawings and graphics, etc.
- Checks documentation from drafting/pcb layout to ensure accuracy and completeness in compliance with all relevant codes, standards and specifications.
- Provides technical advice to other departments such as applications, manufacturing, purchasing, services, sales, marketing and proposals requiring resolution of field, proposal, engineering and manufacturing problems.
- Interfaces with outside manufacturers to ensure production of the prototype devices are progressing as expected.
- Complies with policies, procedures, standards and rules of the Company. Able to work in ISO‐9001 and NQA1 environment.
- May be responsible for supervising a group or section concerned with specific projects or tasks.
- Undergraduate/advanced engineering degree in electrical engineering or other engineering discipline.
- Registration or certification as a professional engineer or advanced degree preferred.
- 10‐15 years related, applicable experience, 10 years of which must be directly related to FPGA design and Verilog programming language.
- Ability to handle non‐routine projects and tasks independently within established standards.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management within the Company, as well as suppliers, customers and peers.
- Complete working knowledge and use of departmental and Company policies, procedures, standards and rules. Ability to interpret policies and practices in routine situations.
- Thorough understanding and usage of electrical, software and mechanical concepts and usage.
- Ability to handle engineering projects spanning 6 months to 2 years.
- Ability to develop, read and interpret complex technical documents.
- Ability to utilize advanced, analytical engineering hardware/software tools including Modelsim DE, logic analyzers, and microprocessor emulators.ve
DHFC considers new graduate as entry level H/W Engineer position. Under broad supervision, performs a variety of engineering work in planning, design, testing and analysis of instruments and systems, electrical equipment, and microprocessor‐based and FPGA‐based control systems. Work is performed with some latitude for independent action or decision within practices and procedures covered by functional precedents and policies; work is subject to peer review. Variable environments, moderate travel and field work, changing deadlines and projects of a diverse nature.
The successful candidate is an energetic, solution‐oriented individual with a teamwork‐friendly attitude. This individual applies knowledge, skills, and analytical methods to ensure system reliability and optimal performance. The successful candidate maintains an excellent work ethic and is proficient in both written and verbal communications.