Doosan HF Controls Corporation
Open Position: FPGA Design Engineer
Doosan HF Controls Corporation (DHFC) specializes in the design and construction of digital control systems for a variety of power and industrial applications. Based on sound technological advancements, we supply our customers with an array of advanced control hardware, software applications, and support services that offer distributed intelligence and information management for the most reliable process control solutions. With over five decades of innovation and manufacturing of control systems in hundreds of installations around the world, our coverage is strengthened by our experienced field service faculty, robust technical support, and extensive training capabilities. DHFC has a long history to supply industrial process control systems to various industries worldwide. The application fields include nuclear & fossil power plants, petrochemical & chemical plants, steel casting, cement and water treatment plants.
We are looking for a FPGA Design Engineer, who is responsible for FPGA design, develop, testing and validation of the entire system of the product.
- Design real-time digital signal processing systems using FPGAs
- Work on FPGA development and systems engineering
- Define and coordinate interfaces within the systems
- Develop and carry out hardware and firmware tests
- Define test procedures for series production
- Take on troubleshooting and repairs
- Analyze cost and risk factors involved in system development activities.
- Perform verification and validation to ensure efficiency, reliability and compatibility
- Ensure to complete design and development tasks within allotted timelines
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Computer Science, or related Engineering subjects)
- Demonstrated Hardware Description Language (HDL) coding experience with any of the major FPGA suppliers such as Microchip (Actel), Xilinx, Intel (Altera), or Lattice FPGAs using either Verilog or VHDL
- 5+ years of proven working experience in developing FMS based Verilog/System Verilog RTL in a team environment
- 5+ years’ experience developing automated self-checking test benches.
- 5+ years’ experience debugging FPGA based hardware using logic analysis tools.
- FPGA design experience in Verilog with fluent knowledge in simulation, timing constraints, regression test bench, scripting, and automation; strong experience with scripting to automate regression test.
- Skilled in FPGA design techniques and processes
- Familiar Flash based FPGA technology using DO254 and IEC 62566 design flow is a plus
- Thorough understanding of industrial process control systems and nuclear power plant I&C systems is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to communicate issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Ability to think creatively and out of the box
We provide competitive compensation and benefits as well as career opportunities.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- STD / LTD insurance and basic term life insurance (employer paid)
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) Plan
- 10 Days of Holiday
- Paid Time Off (PTO), and Sick Leave
- Additional 3 days of authorized leave for year-end office close
To learn more about HFC, please visit us at email@example.com. HFC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.