Doosan HF Controls Corporation
Open Position: Project Engineer IV
|Job Title:||Project Engineer IV|
|Reports To:||Manager of Project Engineering|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We specialize in the design and construction of digital control systems for a variety of power and industrial applications. Based on sound technological advancements, we supply our customers with an array of advanced control hardware, software applications, and support services that offer distributed intelligence and information management for the most reliable process control solutions. With over five decades of innovation and manufacturing of control systems in hundreds of installations around the world, our coverage is strengthened by our experienced field service faculty, robust technical support, and extensive training capabilities.
We are currently seeking an individual who can take on the role of our Project Engineer. This role will be under broad supervision, to perform a variety of engineering work in planning, design, testing and analysis of microprocessor‐based control systems. Work is performed with some latitude for independent action or decision within practices and procedures covered by functional precedents and policies. There are variable environments, moderate travel and field works, changing deadlines and projects of a diverse nature.
- Develop project plan and schedule with project manager
- Participate project meeting with customer
- Design systems configuration within contract specifications, good engineering practices, and HF Controls standards
- Design the loop schematic drawing, control logics, database, and system graphics
- Develop bills of materials and documentation to include dimensions, part numbers, wiring and assembly diagrams, standard products, logic drawings and graphics
- Design the arrangement drawing, specifying equipment, power distribution drawings, assembly drawings, address tables, and field installation drawings
- Develop documentation to include wiring and assembly diagrams, logic drawings, and graphics, etc.
- Develop project related documents and drawings according to contract specification
- Provide technical advice to other departments such as sales, marketing and proposals requiringresolution of field, proposal, engineering, and manufacturing problems
- Check loop schematics documentation from drafting to ensure accuracy and completeness in compliancewith all relevant codes, standards, and specifications
- May be responsible for supervising a group or section concerned with specific projects or tasks
- Assist in development of proposals for international clients
- Comply with policies, procedures, standards, and rules of the Company
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Computer Science, or related Engineering subjects)
- Registration or certification as a professional engineer or advanced degree is a plus
- 10+ years of proven working experience in project engineer role and/or 5+ year experience in system experience for nuclear power plant is a plus
- Ability to handle non‐routine projects and tasks independently within established standards
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management within the Company, as well as suppliers,customers and peers
- Thorough understanding and usage of electrical, software and mechanical concepts and usage
- Ability to handle engineering projects spanning the life of projects
- Ability to develop, read and interpret complex technical documents
- Ability to utilize advanced, analytical engineering hardware/software tools
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
We provide comparative benefits including
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- STD / LTD insurance and basic term life insurance (employer paid)
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) Plan
- 10 Days of Holiday
- Paid Time Off (PTO), and Sick Leave
- Additional 3 days of authorized leave for year-end office close